Small Animal Spay & Neuter
In Miami, FL
The cost of preemptive small animal spay and neuter procedures can often discourage pet owners from scheduling these important surgeries for their exotic pets. As part of our commitment to preventative medicine and to the health of the pet community, we offer our Community Spay and Neuter service.
On a recurring basis, our skilled veterinarian offers surgical services at a decreased cost. This can make a difference in the lives of many animals who might otherwise not have this essential procedure.
See below for more information about our Community Spay and Neuter program, and how it compares with our Standard Spay and Neuter program.
Community Small Animal Spay and Neuter Program
To qualify for the $325 spay or neuter, you must provide:
- Proof of Florida residency (driver’s license or state-issued ID)
- Food stamps, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Jackson Memorial Hospital Clinic Cards, Temporary Assistance for Needed Families (TANF), etc.
Species not included in the list below do not qualify and will be considered for regular hospital pricing.
- Pet must be healthy with no signs of current or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Guinea pigs and chinchillas must be older than 4 months, but younger than 8 months.
- Rabbits must be older than 4 months, but younger than 1 year.
- Rats, mice, and hamsters must be older than 3 months, but younger than 6 months.
If there are any signs of disease, malnutrition, weakness, malaise, etc., the veterinarian may opt to postpone or refuse your pet’s surgery.
Features of the Community Spay and Neuter Program
- Your pet’s surgery date is given at the hospital’s discretion (you do not choose the surgery date)
- An exam with a veterinarian is not guaranteed
- Drop-off and pick-up same day
- Instructions and handouts will be provided via email or text message.
- A nurse will be available to answer any questions you have at discharge
- NSAIDs are included for you to administer to your pet at home for pain relief
- Surgery is exclusive to younger animals only
Important Reservation and Payment Information
There is no official wait list; please call us for available surgery dates. You will receive a call that may be within a week or a few days of the clinic’s next open surgery spot. To reserve your appointment, you must pay the surgical fee in full and fill out a waiver. Payment is non-refundable.
Phone: (786) 361-9344
Standard Spay and Neuter Program
- Appointments are available 5 days a week (owners can choose the best day for their pet’s procedure)
- Full, 30-minute examination time (pre-surgical blood work included)
- Consultation with veterinarian
- Instructions and education provided about proper nutrition and husbandry in person, or over the phone
- An overnight stay at the hospital if necessary
- Assistance feeding if necessary
- Additional pain management provided as needed
- A post-surgical exam the next morning (if pet stays overnight)
- Surgical “safety nets,” such as infectious disease serology panels, pre-surgical blood work, and IV catheterization and endotracheal intubation
To book an appointment, please call (786) 361-9344.
*Please note: Our Standard Spay and Neuter program pricing varies based on your pet’s age, species, size, and pre-existing conditions. The cost generally ranges from $550-750. This cost does not include the potential for surgical complications, such as unexpected pregnancy or diseased organs.
Questions about Spaying or Neutering
If you would like more information about our spay & neuter services and/or pricing, please fill out the form below.